[Mongrel] couple of questions: mongrel + apache (shared host)

Gunnar Wolf gwolf at gwolf.org
Mon Jun 30 11:03:02 EDT 2008

Anthony E. dijo [Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 05:20:49AM +0200]:
> I'm on a shared host (Dreamhost to be exact).
> I'm only allowed one mongrel instance per application (domain).
> 1) Are there any foreseeable problems with running just one mongrel?
> They don't support mongrel_clusters unless I go through the hassle of
> installing it all locally.

DreamHost is now offering mod_passenger for Rails
applications. Probably, that's the best way out on that provider, even
if it leaves Mongrel out of the equation.

Gunnar Wolf - gwolf at gwolf.org - (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23