[Mongrel] couple of questions: mongrel + apache (shared host)

Anthony E. lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Jun 27 23:20:49 EDT 2008

I'm on a shared host (Dreamhost to be exact).

I'm only allowed one mongrel instance per application (domain).

1) Are there any foreseeable problems with running just one mongrel?
They don't support mongrel_clusters unless I go through the hassle of
installing it all locally.

Also, I've read that serving static files with Apache is best for
letting mongrel do the rails stuff.

2) Is it even possible to set up apache proxy definitions from a
.htaccess file?

I'm on a shared host, and no root privileges.