[Mongrel] Patching Ruby 1.8.6 p11X To Avoid SEGFAULTs

Tiago Macedo tmacedo at student.dei.uc.pt
Thu Jun 26 09:15:13 EDT 2008

I turned this patch (
http://blog.phusion.nl/assets/r8ee-security-patch-20080623-2.txt ) into
a Gentoo ebuild for 1.8.6p114. I removed the webrick diff as it was
already fixed in p114.

I tested it with Rails 2.1, 2.0 and 1.2 and I had no issues (just the
same minor errors as with plain p114).

I'm going to deploy it to some applications that are already running on

Thanks for the help,
Tiago Macedo

Luis Lavena wrote:
| On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Zed A. Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:
|> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 02:02:30 +0200
|> "Luis Lavena" <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
|>> Thanks Zed, we are merging those with our own patches for Ruby
|>> One-Click Installer (MinGW version).
|>> Right now:
|>> 1564 tests, 14742 assertions, 6 failures, 50 errors
|>> I need to take a look at the tests patches too, since before I got
|>> only 3 failures :-D
|> If you're using the p114 branch, then those are related to changes in
|> REXML and soap4r stuff.  If you can find out how to make it all clean
|> then great, but most people seem to not care about that.
|> On the p111 it should be much better since p114 was when they added the
|> soap and xml changes.
| Thankfully I was wrong, those were a mix of p230 results, sorry for
the noise.
| Now we have 4 failures, +1 from the p114 which ruby-core told just to
| ignore because are some silly japanesse ruby on windows tests (yeah, I
| know, don't get me started).
| Thank you man for the heads up, this add the 3rd patch to out
| collection based on p114, now fully automated to build One-Click
| Installer ;-)
| Take care,
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)