[Mongrel] Mongrel as Windows service with normal privileges

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 05:22:33 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Ingmar Stieger <ml at stiegerhs.de> wrote:
> The "normal" user may run the whole rails stack as service without problems.
> I hacked ServiceFB_Utils.bas to ignore the result of parent_name, and now it
> works as expected (btw, you are right, FreeBasic isnt' that hard :)) with
> limited rights. The test was run on the isolated XP home machine, so no
> group policies are in effect.

So, at the end, the ServiceHost automatic stuff didn't do the trick,
which is a pain. I wrote that code to be more intelligent, but I think
Windows beat me, again :-P

Can you provide me your patch for ServiceFB library in google code?:

Just create a new issue and attach / paste your patch, I'll really
appreciate get rid of this thing that, at the end, didn't provide
anything but just bring pain to us (sniff) :-P

> Hope this helps,
> Ingmar

It really does!

Sorry for my late answer to this, been a bit hectic lately, but I'll
really appreciate your code changes.

Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams