[Mongrel] Mongrel won't start ... mongrel_rails (MissingSourceFile)

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Fri Jun 13 05:36:49 EDT 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:37:35 +0200
David Bell <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> => Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick)
> => Rails 2.1.0 application starting on
> => Call with -d to detach
> => Ctrl-C to shutdown server
> Exiting
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:502:in
> `load': no such file to load -- mongrel_rails (MissingSourceFile)

Hmm, no idea since I don't use Debian, but did you possibly install it
wrong or maybe install via ruby gems rather than apt-get?  I'm not
sure, but if it's debian they probably mess with the package layout so
you kind of are stuck using their package manager.

Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/
- Evil: http://yearofevil.com/