[Mongrel] Mongrel won't start ... mongrel_rails (MissingSourceFile)
lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Jun 12 16:37:35 EDT 2008
I'm a newbie and I'm soooo confused at the moment!
Here's my setup:
1) I've installed Ruby 1.8 on an Ubuntu 7.10 platform. I used apt to
2) I downloaded rubygems_1.1.1 and installed that (tar -xzf, then ruby
3) I installed rails (gem install rails --include-dependencies)
4) I installed mongrel (gem install mongrel --include-dependencies)
5) I created a test dir (cd; rails mytest)
6) I tried to start mongrel (cd mytest; ruby script/server)
I get a load error:
=> Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick)
=> Rails 2.1.0 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
`load': no such file to load -- mongrel_rails (MissingSourceFile)
NOTE: I can start mongrel using /usr/bin/mongrel_rails and I get no
I put a puts $: statement at the end of config/boot.rb and indeed, the
path to the mongrel gem is missing. What's up? Where/how do I fix
Thanks in advance.
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
More information about the Mongrel-users