[Mongrel] clients hang on large PUTs to Mongrel::HttpHandler-based web service

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Jun 3 20:16:05 EDT 2008

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:09:05 -0400
"Randy Fischer" <rf at ufl.edu> wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I'm wondering if this is a simple 32-bit int issue in the ragel-generated
> code?

Shouldn't be, since the ragel code is only used to parse the headers,
and when that's done it then just streams 16k chunks from the socket to
a tempfile.  Now, if your headers are 4G then I'd like to know how you
did that since Mongrel would block you hard.

Only thing that I could think of is that you aren't setting a size
properly at some point.  Either your header reports the wrong size, or
you're not setting it.

Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/
- Evil: http://yearofevil.com/