[Mongrel] Starting Mongrel as Windows service

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:34:38 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Justin To <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help Luis.
> However, I was a little confused since you said I must use:
>  mongrel_rails service::install -N blog
> while the link you gave me says:
> mongrel_rails service::install -N myapp \
>      -c c:\my\path\to\myapp -p 4000 -e production
> What do the extra parameters do?

you can check for yourself:

mongrel_rails service::install -h

that will give you a detailed list of what means each one.

You can use the -c one if you want to install the service from outside

> Thanks!!

You can look for the other ones: port and environment :-)

Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams