[Mongrel] Starting Mongrel as Windows service

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 03:27:11 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 1:51 AM, Justin To <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm very new to Mongrel and RoR.
> I found this command:
> $ mongrel_rails_service install -n blog -r c:\data\blog \
>                        -p 4000 -e production
> But I'm not sure if I'm suppose to modify any of those
> commands. Or should I just press enter and leave it as is?

Hello Justin.

Dunno where you found those commands, but they are not up to date.

This page contains more actual information:

1) To install a service, from the root of your rails application, do this:

mongrel_rails service::install -N blog

That will create a "blog" service that you can start or stop using net commands:

net start blog
net stop blog

2) To remove the service, only do this:

mongrel_rails service:remove -N blog

Notice the use of uppercase N, that changed some time ago due a clash
of parameters between service and cluster. Now is N.

> Thanks!

Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams