[Mongrel] deleting pid files on ubuntu restart due to power down

Jags Rao lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jul 2 09:33:53 EDT 2008

hi guys

we are running a ubuntu machine as our demo server for serving Ruby on
rails apps
we are using mysql,nginx,mongrel for serving the sites.

the problem is if for any reason the power fails out and comes back
mysql and nginx get started fine but mongrel does not work due to
some pid(mongrel.8000.pid  mongrel.8001.pid  mongrel.8002.pid) files
existing in log folder.

we then manually delete the files and start the cluster.

is there anyway we can check during reboot of ubuntu server for any
existing pid
files in log folder and delete them and then start the mongrel cluster.

thanks
jags