[Mongrel] Again: Workaround found for request queuing vs. num_processors, accept/close

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Jan 23 20:46:41 EST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:45:43 -0800
Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius at gmail.com> wrote:

> 	That's too bad then, you will have to suffer on with apache i guess.
> Nginx is a lot more solid then apache is in stability and performance.
> I'm personally running over 1000 nginx daemons with absolutely no
> problems to speak of with it.

Yep, a *single* nginx server on a 256M virtual machine with just 2
workers handled a simultaneous Redditing, TechCrunch, TechMeme, and
Slashdotting without so much as a hitch in performance.  That's 170k
uniq visitors in 3 days.

To put this into perspective, I had people ask me to take links off my
pages because the trail-off onto their pages was killing their server.

Of course, I did do some special tuning, but that's another story.

--
Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/