[Mongrel] Upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.0.5

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 12:07:14 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Matthew Langham
<matthew.langham at indiginox.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
>  I wasn't blaming mongrel for the performance problems in general. I
>  realize that we need to look at the Rails application as well.

Don't worry, I know you didn't, but that post will serve as pointer
for future rants ;-)

Anyway...

>  My question was more along the lines of whether we would see any
>  _additional_ gains in using a newer version of mongrel.

I've not seen a "huge" difference between these versions (performance speaking).

In any case, it fixed a few issues with mongrel_rails parameters and
some security issues with DirHandler, only if you served directly
Mongrel and not behind apache or nginx.

Forgot to mention: check what are you logging in your log/ files, and
how big the became... Ruby don't play nice with bigger files (neither
most of the dynamic languages I know of)

>  Thanks for all your points.

No problem man, don't take them personally :-)

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems