[Mongrel] mongrel_rails not starting

Chris Columbo lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Feb 23 22:30:01 EST 2008

Hey all,

I hope this isn't off topic here, but I had a similar problem with
mongrel not starting (after i installed gem typo though) After a bunch
of reading and stumbling upon this thread after a google search here's
where i ended up... ( Note: im stil a mongrel / rails noob )

I checked the mongrel gems i had via the list gem mongrel. that
printed...

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

mongrel (1.1.3, 1.0.1)
mongrel_cluster (1.0.5)

I then uninstalled mongrel 1.1.3 and mongrel_cluster, leaving only
mongrel 1.0.1

That worked, i was then able to start mongrel.
So maybe that helps maybe not, hope it does though.