[Mongrel] consolidated log file?

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Feb 14 01:38:58 EST 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:36:06 -0600
"Ed Hickey" <bassnode at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently just blogged about my experiences with large logfiles
> effecting mongrel.  It's not hugely scientific, but there is
> definitely a connection between mongrel memory usage and the rails
> production.log.
> http://blog.edhickey.com/2008/02/08/mongrel-memory-usage/

That's fucking weird.  There's definitely a correlation, but not sure
how mongrel would cause that.  It doesn't touch the logs or logger or
anything and leaves that all to Rails.

How much you want to bet that hack job rails-core did on the fucking
Logger class causes this?  Not sure how.  That's just weird.

Next would to see if it happens in jruby since they use a different IO
setup.

Anyway, looks like syslogger is the way to go for production.

--
Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/