[Mongrel] Disabling static file lookups?

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 12:09:42 EST 2008

On Dec 12, 2008, at 8:57 AM, Cody Caughlan wrote:

> Ezra- thanks for your feedback.
> My greater question is: is it worth it, in the long run? Or is it too
> negligible?
> /Cody

	Hmm i bet it is probably worth it but only if you are trying to
squeeze every last drop of perf out of your setup. A fast local
filesystem does stats fairly quick and I doubt you will be bale to
tell the difference.

	But if you have overtaxed disks or are using NFS or a shared
filesystem of sorts then every littel bit helps to keep from touching
the filesystem.

	So its probably worth it eventually when you get big but probably is
not worth it until you actually know it is a problem.

Ezra Zygmuntowicz
ez at engineyard.com