[Mongrel] Offloading Background Tasks

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Thu Apr 24 00:48:38 EDT 2008

Quoting Supriya Agarwal <lists at ruby-forum.com>:
> after that i tried  to run #ruby script/backgroundrb start
>  and it gave me load error :bdrb_config.rb not found! I tried copying it
> to some directory and then ultimately it popped up another error :
> fork function is umimplemented on this machine!
> I have also installed the required gems :packets and chronic..

This isn't really the right list for this but...

"fork function is umimplemented on this machine!"

Are you running on Windows? I think the error above indicates that
your OS fundamentally can't do what backgroundRb tries to do. See
Wikipedia for more info on forking
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork_%28operating_system%29
--
Cynthia Kiser