[Mongrel] sockets reading wrong data

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 13:35:32 EDT 2007

I am aware of a problem with multi-threaded ruby apps, in which one socket
reads from another's input/output or what not.  Zed reports this as a
generic problem in Ruby multi-threaded apps, and I've seen the same in my
own programs.
I have, however, never heard of this becoming a problem for mongrel.  Is
this true?  Is there something mongrel does to get 'around' this, that would
explain why it doesn't occur there?  Or is it just that it doesn't run all
that many threads per process, so it avoids it?

Just wondering for my own bemusement.
Thank you.