[Mongrel] Mongrel Upload Progress progress method returns Content-Length: 0

Charles Brian Quinn me at seebq.com
Tue Sep 18 12:07:39 EDT 2007

Running into a strange bug using the mongrel upload progress plugin
handler, sitting in front of a simple mongrel.

The bug appears on an old Xserve (mac OS X 10.3.9 powerpc), but not on
my macbook pro, or even a generic 686 linux box.

http://pastie.textmate.org/98341

The gist of the pastie above shows that attempts through the browser
and curl are actually hitting the filesController, as evidenced in the
log, but the content returned is nothing - 0 length.

I've turned on mongrel debugging, and nothing jumps out at me, only
difference I've found in the logs is the HTTP_ACCEPT variable.

I'm guessing it's some kind of incompatiability with Zlib or
something.  The ruby on the non-working Xserve is compiled from source
using the newest readline.

Any idea where to start debugging?
--
Charles Brian Quinn
self-promotion: www.seebq.com

Ruby on Rails Bootcamp at the Big Nerd Ranch
Intensive Ruby on Rails Training:
http://www.bignerdranch.com/classes/ruby.shtml