[Mongrel] Mongrel clusters are not being started on reboot

Jose Fernandez ferna084 at umn.edu
Mon Sep 17 15:08:15 EDT 2007

I've done a clean install of Ubuntu 7.04 server in 2 different
machines and everytime I reboot the machine or manually run /etc/
init.d/mongrel_cluster restart/start the mongrels won't start correctly.

I have to manually start them by using mongrel_rails cluster::start
from each app folder.   I've been searching around and it looks like
mongrel has some problems with pids, so whats the final word on this?

- Jose