[Mongrel] http keep-alive?

Roger Pack rogerpack2005 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:40:54 EDT 2007

I see--so if I understand correctly, proxies (i.e. nginx) pass 'each
request' straight back to mongrel (a new TCP port), which would enable
malicious users to create lots of keep-alive requests with mongrel itself,
hence the fear of enabling keep-alive's, and mongrel currently limiting the
number of simultaneous requests.
Enabling this feature would only be useful, then, to a proxy which 'shares'
requests to mongrel from several clients.  Hmm. I'm not sure if any proxies
do that (besides swiftiply).  I wonder then if the gain to said type of
proxies would be worth making it an option (or rather, I wonder if the gain
would actually be small so not worth trying for).  Then again a few ms here
and there, right? ha ha.
Thank you!