[Mongrel] streaming video with mongrel

Joey Geiger jgeiger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:02:15 EDT 2007

Well, based on your setup, and if you copied one of the examples on
the web already, you should be serving the video from apache anyway
already. If not, there are plenty of examples on the web you can
search for "apache mongrel"

The main one is
http://blog.codahale.com/2006/06/19/time-for-a-grown-up-server-rails-mongrel-apache-capistrano-and-you/
Add in checks for .flv files that exist and it should then be served by apache.

Also, you could store the files in a directory that isn't under the
mongrel proxy and have apache sent that, or use xsendfile.