[Mongrel] streaming video with mongrel

Joel Nylund jnylund at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 11:47:08 EDT 2007

Hi, on my site I have several screen casts (using flash video flv) in
addition to the normal rails application which is the core service,
my setup is apache proxy/balancing to 2 mongrels.

I was thinking I should probably not be serving up streaming video
from mongrel as it will occupy the mongrel processes for long periods
of time right?

So I was thinking of excluding a directory from the proxy and serving
videos up from apache.

Does anyone have an example of how to do this and or agree its a good
idea to not serve the videos from mongrel and offload this work to