[Mongrel] Mongrel hangs, consumes all CPU on shutdown

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Thu Sep 13 08:32:10 EDT 2007

I have exactly the same problem. I'm using OS X 10.4.10, ruby 1.8.5,
mongrel 1.0.

This has been getting *much* worse recently, it used to be
occasional, now it seems to be pretty much every time. Maybe co-
incident with the 10.4.10 update, maybe after.

It does not happen with Merb.

It does not happen with Rails in production mode, only development mode.

It takes a while before it happens, I don't know how long, but we're
talking about minutes not hours.

I do not use a DB at all, if Rails tries to do something with a DB,
and it might, it'll be with sqllite.

I have no other information beyond that.

Bob Hutchison                  -- tumblelog at http://
Recursive Design Inc.          -- weblog at http://www.recursive.ca/
http://www.recursive.ca/       -- works on http://www.raconteur.info/