[Mongrel] Mongrel hangs, consumes all CPU on shutdown

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 18:29:21 EDT 2007

On 9/12/07, Pete DeLaurentis <pete at nextengine.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> About this compiled MySQL adapter...
>
> I haven't found much info on it, but from what I have read, it looks
> like it is useful if the database is residing locally on the same
> machine.  However, if you connect to the database via HTTP (which is
> what we're doing), it's not used.
>

> Is this correct?

Not exactly.

Native bindings (the compiled ones) offer besides better performance
(since they are a ruby extension in C), a bit of memory-wise use.

Maybe someone could provide better insight information, but AFAIK, it
is the recommended method of running rails+mysql.

Since I don't have a mac, couldn't point you the right tutorial on
getting mysql extension built on OSX, but try searching google for
"mysql rails bindings osx"

(also "gem install mysql osx" as keywords will raise some good results).

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems