[Mongrel] Mongrel hangs, consumes all CPU on shutdown

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Wed Sep 12 18:04:11 EDT 2007

We see this on all of our Mac's here as well.  We've tried it with
different versions of Ruby (1.8.4, 1.8.5, and 18.6), and the problem
happens with all of them.

If we don't forget to turn off mongrel before walking away from the
computer for a few minutes... it'll consume all system resources and
we'll need to restart the machine.  Our production servers are Ubuntu
and run fine, but it's pretty annoying for development, and odd since
Mac's are some popular for Ruby development.

To answer Luis Lavena's question: we're using MySQL over HTTP.