[Mongrel] Mongrel instance dies unexpectedly, but cleanly...

Farhad Farzaneh ff at onebeat.com
Tue Sep 11 20:00:30 EDT 2007

> You're running on a shared server and when you startup the second
> mongrel more than likely the VPS system is sending the second Mongrel
> a kill signal because you've gone over your resource allocation.
>   ~Wayne

Thanks - are there other resources that would be contentious other than
memory? I believe I had about 60Meg still available (even w/ 2 mongrels
already running), and each mongrel only takes about 30 MB w/ my app.

I ended up reducing the number of apache mpm's, and then on a lark started
w/ 3 mongrel servers to see if 1 or 2 would die.  They're all still up, but
after any one dies, I need to re-run the experiment while changing only 1
variable ....