[Mongrel] Mongrel instance dies unexpectedly, but cleanly....

Farhad Farzaneh ff at onebeat.com
Tue Sep 11 16:46:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a two instance mongrel cluster, running behind apache
mod_proxy_balancer on a linux VPS.  Mongrel_cluster is 1.01, mongrel is
v1.02, rails 1.2.3, ruby 1.8.6. I seem to have enough memory.

About 2 minutes after I start the cluster, one of my instances dies - it
could be either one.  The log file indicates that it received a TERM
signal.  The instance does die cleanly, removing its pid file.  But I didn't
give it a TERM signal, and I don't think I'm running any services that would
do so.

My searches haven't been very fruitful.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Farhad