[Mongrel] multi threaded theoretically useful?

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:31:45 EDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Erik Hetzner <erik.hetzner at ucop.edu> wrote:

> Thanks so much for your information here. I'm going to have a closer
> look at your event driven mongrel and see what kind of results I can
> get out of it for my systems.

Cool.  Feel free to email me if you have any questions.  There is a
new release Swiftiply and of evented_mongrel coming just as soon as I
manage to disentangle myself from client facing work I'm getting
buried with.  From a scalability standpoint, the new release of
evented_mongrel enables it to use epoll on platforms that support that
(Linux 2.6.x platforms), instead of select.  I've been saying for two
weeks, now, "This week...."  but...hopefully this week I get to the
light at the end of the tunnel.  ;)

Kirk Haines