[Mongrel] Mongrel and Memory usage.

Matte Edens matte at ruckuswireless.com
Tue Sep 4 16:37:52 EDT 2007

Here's another possibility that I encountered before I was smarter (heh)

Are you providing download capabilities of large files.  I manage a
support site for firmware downloads and other documents.  Before I
discovered the X-Sendfile header, mongrel was loading and serving the
files.  I had MAJOR memory spikes.  Now that Apache is grabbing that
request (and sending the file) before proxying the request to Mongrel,
no more problems.

matte - webmonkey
webmaster at ruckuswireless.com