[Mongrel] Problems with mongrel on NetBSD

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Oct 30 08:34:19 EDT 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 03:33:51 -0500
"Michael Graff" <skan.gryphon at gmail.com> wrote:

> And it seems 1.0.4 works again.  Whatever was fixed, it made NetBSD at
> least bind to IPv4 when passed or as an IP address.
> Does Mongrel do IPv6 well?

Mongrel does whatever Ruby supports, nothing fancy or any special tricks on binding for NetBSD.

I think there might have been an overzealous change to the *BSD camp that's enabled ipv6 by default and ruby has yet to catch up.  Do you know of any NetBSD posts related to ipv6 and required socket code changes?

Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/
- Evil: http://yearofevil.com/