[Mongrel] Problems with mongrel on NetBSD

Michael Graff skan.gryphon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 04:12:50 EDT 2007

I don't know if it is BSD specific or not here.

>From what I can tell, mongrel_rails is ignoring the -a option:

> mongrel_rails start -a 10.42.94.253
** Starting Mongrel listening at :3000
---------------------------------127.0.0.1
---------------------------------3000
-------------------------127.0.0.1:3000
** Starting Rails with development environment...
** Rails loaded.
** Signals ready.  TERM => stop.  USR2 => restart.  INT => stop (no restart).
** Rails signals registered.  HUP => reload (without restart).  It
might not work well.
** Mongrel available at 10.42.94.253:3000
** Use CTRL-C to stop.

The code I have running above has two changes.  One, to print out the
host and port along the way, and two, to set ops[:host] ||=
"127.0.0.1" in configurator.rb#listener.  The first two lines come
from lib/mongrel.rb inside the HttpServer.new method, and the second
one comes from the listener method inside the Confiurator class.

So, I do not know why it is doing what it's doing, but I also don't
know if it is BSD specific or not.

--Michael