[Mongrel] Problems with mongrel on NetBSD

Michael Graff skan.gryphon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 18:17:57 EDT 2007

I seem to have a (recent) problem with mongrel on NetBSD.  I'm running
a development release of NetBSD (called NetBSD-current 4.99.34).

When I start mongrel, it listens on the IPv6 wildcard address, but not
on the IPv4 wildcard:

=> Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick)
=> Rails application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
** Starting Mongrel listening at :3000
** Starting Rails with development environment...
** Rails loaded.
** Signals ready.  TERM => stop.  USR2 => restart.  INT => stop (no restart).
** Rails signals registered.  HUP => reload (without restart).  It
might not work well.
** Mongrel available at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Use CTRL-C to stop.

speedy# telnet -4 not.flame.org 3000
Trying 68.97.48.147...

speedy# telnet not.flame.org 3000
Trying 2001:4f8:fff9::1...
Connected to not.flame.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]

This is a fairly new problem.  Any ideas on what to fix?

--Michael