[Mongrel] high cpu load

Danilo Castilho dncastilho at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 00:32:13 EDT 2007

Luis,

Yes, I monitor the cpu usage using ps aux, since my host doesn’t have "top".
My server runs on production mode and I am using ruby 1.8.6. Everything
started using 1.0.1 (mongrel) and the cpu usage improved a little bit when I
upgraded to 1.0.3.

But I think I´ve found the major problem. When I changed my mongrel_cluster
config file to include the fullpath for the pid and log files, the cpu usage
dropped to less than 1%. I don’t understand exactly why, because somehow
those files were generated before, using the relative path.

I will continue to monitor the cpu usage and let you guys know if this have
really solved my problem.

Thanks,
Danilo.