[Mongrel] high cpu load

Danilo Castilho dncastilho at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 21:55:11 EDT 2007

Ok, let me clarify the terms I have used and add more information to the
question.

Very low usage = no user accessing it. Plus, my application doesn't have any
"background" operations. Thus, the log is empty. The rails version is 1.2.5
and ruby is 1.8.6.

Other than that, my server is running on a linux box, this is the uname -a
command for it:

Linux localhost 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 25 17:28:02 EDT 2006 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Moreover, I am running a mongrel cluster (1.0.2) with 1 (one) instance, so
it is almost the same as running mongrel alone. This instance is not
proxied, balanced or accessed thru any other software (apache, for example).
My server configuration is pretty standard, the only plugins I have are
redcloth and WhiteListHelper.

My app database is Mysql (4.1), where I use an UTF-8 database.

I hope this is enough info to start a discussion.

Thanks and regards,
Danilo.