[Mongrel] proxy errors with apache2.2.3 + mongrels

Jacobo Garcia lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Oct 18 09:03:29 EDT 2007

Rafael García wrote:
> Jacobo Garcia escribió:
>>> We had this problem and solved it adding the following lines in our
>> I've already has this lines (in virtual host conf) that is different
>> than proxy conf, should I put them in proxy conf?
> I have it in virtualhost conf, not in proxy conf.
> Maybe reading this post find the solution:
> http://www.overset.com/2007/04/03/mod_proxy-and-internet-explorer-problems/

With the fixed proposed in the article and some tweaks in balancermember
settings (retry=5) no max, no keepalive=on I've been able to reduce
proxy errors, but still having some "Connection refused: proxy: HTTP:
attempt to connect to (bomber) failed"

I am not sure how this setup will behave under heavy load, i'm going to
test it this evening, and see what hapens.

I have been testing nginx as well and has been running flawlessly,
consuming very little memory, I think it is worth a try.