[Mongrel] proxy errors with apache2.2.3 + mongrels

Robert Mela rob at robmela.com
Wed Oct 17 10:48:38 EDT 2007

"Error reading status line" means Mongrel closed the socket without
sending any content back.

IT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL IF MONGREL WOULD SEND BACK "503 Server Busy"
WHEN IT'S BUSY.   That way we would know immediately whether the
num_processors limit had been reached or not.   HUGE TIMESAVER FOR
MONGREL USERS!

====

Next...

Seeing your load balancer config, and mongrel_cluster.yml would help
narrow things down & simplify the discussion.

Also, add this to your log file config:

%D ( request duration -)
%{BALANCER_WORKER_NAME}e

Request duration, in combination with start time and
balancer_worker_name, is useful in finding cases where requests to a
back end app server overlap.  These numbers will also allow you to
construct a histogram of concurrent requests each second.

thanks.