[Mongrel] proxy errors with apache2.2.3 + mongrels

Robert Mela rob at robmela.com
Wed Oct 17 10:48:38 EDT 2007

"Error reading status line" means Mongrel closed the socket without
sending any content back.

WHEN IT'S BUSY.   That way we would know immediately whether the
num_processors limit had been reached or not.   HUGE TIMESAVER FOR

Seeing your load balancer config, and mongrel_cluster.yml would help
narrow things down & simplify the discussion.

Also, add this to your log file config:

%D ( request duration -)

Request duration, in combination with start time and
balancer_worker_name, is useful in finding cases where requests to a
back end app server overlap.  These numbers will also allow you to
construct a histogram of concurrent requests each second.