[Mongrel] Design flaw? - num_processors, accept/close

Robert Mela rob at robmela.com
Tue Oct 16 21:34:23 EDT 2007

The query should not take 10 seconds.   People should not steal.  Still,
they do, and I live with the workaround -- locking.

So, while the 10-second query is a problem, and worth solving for its
own sake, the mod_proxy_balancer solution prevents it from causing the
secondary, request queuing problem.

That might eliminate enough crisis meetings that someone actually has
time to fix the underlying problem without working through the week
end.  Which in turn lessens the likelyhood of anyone choosing option A.