[Mongrel] Workaround found for request queuing vs. num_processors, accept/close

Paul Butcher paul at paulbutcher.com
Tue Oct 16 07:35:56 EDT 2007

On 15 Oct 2007, at 21:52, Robert Mela wrote:
> I've discovered a setting in mod_proxy_balancer that prevents the
> Mongrel/Rails request queuing vs. accept/close problem from ever
> being reached.

Thanks for that, Robert. We've hit exactly the same issue in the
past, but have been unable to find a way to persuade
mod_proxy_balancer to do the right thing. I posted about this issue
here a year or so ago:

> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mongrel-users/2006-September/
> 001653.html

But was unable to get anyone to take it seriously :-(

Snetterton, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
MSN: paul at paulbutcher.com
AIM: paulrabutcher