[Mongrel] mongrel_rails not starting

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:15:57 EDT 2007

On 10/11/07, Greg Willits <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Luis Lavena wrote:
>
> > Which version of ruby are you using?
>
> The one from here: http://rubyosx.rubyforge.org/ -- which I see should
> already have Mongrel in it, but then I installed... oh, hang on. Maybe I
> broke it by monkeying with gem installs afterwards.

Yeah, Ruby for OSX have Mongrel pre-compiled (along with Ruby) so you
don't need a compilation/build environment in place.

Is like One-Click-Installer on Windows ;-)

> OK, I just re-installed using that installer, and now mongrel launches,
> but complains about a log path being invalid.

you're runnin mongrel_rails start inside the root of your Rails
application? maybe there isn't a log folder inside it, or the
permissions aren't valid.

> So, I'm further along. I'll see if I can figure out the log thing.

Could you post the messages mongrel_rails start is showing you? that
could help us provide you better support :-)

> Thanks Luis, that got me to re-evaluate what I had done.

No problem, I'm glad being helpful.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems