[Mongrel] Mongrel using way more memory on production than staging

Chris Taggart lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Oct 3 14:52:20 EDT 2007

Zed A. Shaw wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:12:01 +0200
> Chris Taggart <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> Update on what I've tried/found out so far.
>> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pHDcT1cywdrovBLlL7QV8Ow
> What's funny is I've been stuggling with JRuby Rails applications
> running under *any* application server requring 2G (yes gigabytes) of
> RAM just to function.  Many times we'd have to do complete restarts
> about 1 or 2 times a week.
> So it's strange to hear someone say that 120M is too much. :-)
> --
> Zed A. Shaw
> - Hate: http://savingtheinternetwithhate.com/
> - Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/
> - Evil: http://yearofevil.com/

The problem isn't 120M -- but that it seems to keep climbing until much
instability ensues...

That's possibly a leak, but I'm still a bit confused as to why the
64-bit server is using so much more... and whether I should maybe run
the mongrel_cluster instances on 32-bit kernel (assuming that's
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.