[Mongrel] Getting started on win32 - without Rails.

Lars Eidnes larseidnes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:07:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to get started developing my first ruby-powered web-app. I wont
be using Rails for this, at least I don't see any reason why I should.
However, the "getting started" sections in the documentation only shows
you how to start a Rails application.

My mindset comes from PHP/JSP-type languages where you embed code into
HTML. It seems the way to do this with ruby is to use Apache + mod_ruby
+ eruby. It also seems this is not the preferred way to do things. (Right?)

So: How can I get a simple hello world webpage running from Mongrel,
without any framework? Should I not be using Mongrel to do this? Am I
asking the wrong questions?

-Lars