[Mongrel] Mongrel hangs, consumes all CPU on shutdown

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Wed Nov 28 07:25:41 EST 2007

Hi again,

On 13-Sep-07, at 8:32 AM, Bob Hutchison wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have exactly the same problem. I'm using OS X 10.4.10, ruby 1.8.5,
> mongrel 1.0.

FYI, for me, this problem seems to have completely disappeared in OS X
10.5.1 (in development mode there is a second or two delay then it
terminates, apparently instantaneously in production mode).

A new annoyance, 10.5 comes with Apache 2.x. I use apache's ProxyPass/
ProxyPassReverse to connect to the mongrel server(s) I'm running.
After cycling the mongrel server, apache often does not recognise it
and I have to restart apache. Some servers (like Commonlisp's TBNL/
Hunchentoot) have always shown this behaviour. For whatever reason
Mongrel didn't in 10.4 or earlier but now does. This isn't likely a
Mongrel issue, but perhaps others have seen this and have figured
something out. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate hearing
them.

Cheers,
Bob

----