[Mongrel] reg vhost in apache

Shiva Kumaran lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Nov 22 06:43:52 EST 2007

Hi all,

   I am facing one problem in configuration of httpd-vhosts.
my requirment is if url comes from servername (i.e http://sutra) it
should redirect to my home page.if url comes from serverAlias(i.e
http://sutrateam) it should go to advance search page....if any one
knows how to do pls help me

below file is my vhost file

<VirtualHost *:80>
      ServerName sutra
      ServerAlias srishtisutra
      ServerAlias sutrateam
      ServerAlias sutrasrishti
      DocumentRoot D:/project/sutra/public
     <Directory "D:/project/sutra/public">
       Options FollowSymLinks
       AllowOverride None
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
     </Directory>
     RewriteEngine On
     # Check for  maintenance file and redirect all requests
     RewriteCond  %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/system/maintenance.html -f
     RewriteCond  %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !maintenance.html
     RewriteRule  ^.*$ /system/maintenance.html [L]
     # Rewrite index to check for static
     RewriteRule ^/$ /index.html [QSA]
     # Rewrite to check for Rails cached page
     RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.html [QSA]
     # Redirect all non-static requests to cluster
     RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
     RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ balancer://mongrel_cluster%{REQUEST_URI}
[P,QSA,L]
</VirtualHost>

with regards
shiva