[Mongrel] how to configure mongrel_cluster in windows

James Tucker jftucker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:56:16 EST 2007

Luis Lavena wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 3:18 AM, James Tucker <jftucker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah this is an unfortunate bug with the way that 'bin' files are setup on windows. In particular, you can't call exec on a text file containing nothing but ruby. The solution is to add ".bat" or ".cmd" to the binary name in the offending call to system / exec, lead it with a call to ruby.
> this is the way system() works. a shame :-P

It is actually possible to make it work:

 * Implement a program which scans for, and runs any shebang on the given argument (roughly emulating execve).
 * set PATHEXT+=.
 * Associate extensionless files with the program you wrote for step 1.

Although that's well beyond the scope of mongrel herself.

>> It's probably worth noting at this point that the "-d" option doesn't work either, so I am not sure the current cluster commands will work on windows.
> Yep, I keep telling this over and over, no mongrel_cluster for windows.

With regard to fork, IIRC win32-process adds this functionality.