[Mongrel] Best practice Ruby on Rails on Windows configuration

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:58:52 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 10:19 AM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can confirm this, but creating a "cluster" with swiftiply [1] on
> Windows could be achieved, but had no time to investigate it further.

I need to figure out the compiler toolchain issues so that I can build
a windows gem with the extensions, or I need to provide a pure ruby
implementation for the pieces being handled by extensions.  I'll
probably end up providing pure ruby functionality in any event, but I
would really like to figure out how to get windows gems built with the

Then it would be practical to use it for Mongrel clusters on Win*.

Kirk Haines