[Mongrel] Weird freeze problem

Geoffrey Clements baldmountain at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 07:45:47 EST 2007

Shouldn't the ActiveRecord database adapter recover from a lost connection
and reconnect? I had a quick look at the source and the adapter has error
messages for lost connections and code to reconnect, but it doesn't seem to
be used anywhere in the adapter. (I only had a quick look in
mysql_adapter.rb so it may be used somewhere else.)

I'm not familiar enough with the code to try and fix it and don't have the
time right now. Perhaps someone who is running into the issue can spare some
time to fix it and pass the fix back to the ActiveRecord developers?