[Mongrel] mongrel - monit issue

Eire Angel chrisangileri at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 15:43:05 EST 2007

thanks for the replies.  i will try setting that db timeout to about a week and see how it does.

Chris

Pete DeLaurentis <pete at nextengine.com> wrote: > That sort of a delay -- 6 to 20 hours is what the OP mentioned --
> screams at me that the problem is probably related to the db handle
> timing out.  Even if you change the AR timeout value to 14400 (the
> most often quoted value that I see), that is still just 4 hours.  If
> your process sits quiescent for 6 to 20 hours while the timeout on the
> db handle is set at 4 hours, the db handle is still going to time out.

Thanks for this Kirk.  Yep, I was using 14400.  I'm switching this to
2 weeks: 1209600 and we'll see if any further restarts are needed by
monit.

> My old servers are 32 bit machines, but my new ones are all 64 bit
> machines

Which 64-bit OS are you running?

Thanks,
Pete