[Mongrel] mongrel - monit issue

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 14:53:42 EST 2007

On 11/7/07, Pete DeLaurentis <pete at nextengine.com> wrote:

> I hit this too at the same kind of timeframe you mentioned.  In my

That sort of a delay -- 6 to 20 hours is what the OP mentioned --
screams at me that the problem is probably related to the db handle
timing out.  Even if you change the AR timeout value to 14400 (the
most often quoted value that I see), that is still just 4 hours.  If
your process sits quiescent for 6 to 20 hours while the timeout on the
db handle is set at 4 hours, the db handle is still going to time out.

> I wonder... how many 64-bit mongrel users are out there?

My old servers are 32 bit machines, but my new ones are all 64 bit machines.

Kirk Haines