[Mongrel] mongrel - monit issue

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Wed Nov 7 14:31:39 EST 2007

Hi Chris,

I hit this too at the same kind of timeframe you mentioned.  In my
case, the mongrel processes do become non-responsive, making monit
necessary to keep my webapp living + breathing.  The problem occurs
on multiple machines: some running OpenSuse 64-bit and some running
Ubuntu Feisty Fawn 64-bit.

Some folks had suggested this is related to not using the mysql gem
for database access.  This may be the case, but the mysql gem wasn't
a possibility for me since it is very buggy in 64-bit (it crashed my
webapps).  There is a also an ActiveRecord timeout that is usually
prescribed, but this had no effect for me.

I wonder... how many 64-bit mongrel users are out there?

Thanks,
Pete