[Mongrel] Error installing Mongrel on Solaris 9

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 12:50:06 EST 2007

On 11/7/07, Brian Penrose <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
> We still have not been able to get past this error.  We do have OpenSSL
> installed not the machine.  Rake installed fine, which I thought also
> needed SSL???

The Rake gem isn't signed, the Mongrel one is.

As I commented, it seems rubygems is trying to verify gem signature
even that you didn't require it, which sounds odd when you comment
that have OpenSSL installed.

> Any ideas?

- What version of rubygems do you have? use (gem -v) or (gem env) to
get the info

I don't remember if 0.9.4 have --debug support to show the backtrace
with the problem, but please try it:

gem --debug install mongrel

gem --debug install mongrel -P HighSecurity

I'll check later today for some workaround. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
is worthwhile.
Vince Lombardi